Event Weekend Info
Gates open at 9:00 am both days.
7G Distributing headlines an outdoor “Gable’s Garden” that includes live music, non-alcoholic beverages, beer, wine, and food from local vendors. “Gable’s Garden” is open Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. outside the North Entrance of Carver-Hawkeye Arena, near the Dan Gable statue.
Admission to “Gable’s Garden” is included with the purchase of a World Cup ticket. Fans will be able to purchase food and beverages at “Gable’s Garden” and take those items into the arena.
Clear Bag Policy
The following items are allowed after proper inspection at any Carver-Hawkeye Arena gate:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC that do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12″
- Binocular cases
- Breast pumps (for nursing mothers; bags subject to search and will be tagged at gate)
- Clutch bags and fanny packs that do not exceed 4.5″ x 6.5″ (with or without a handle or strap)
- Diaper bag (items are subject to search and will be tagged at gate)
- Food items in a clear plastic bag (gallon sized or smaller)
- Medically necessary items (items are subject to search and will be tagged at gate)
- One-gallon clear plastic bag (Ziploc or similar)
- Outside alcoholic beverages. Alcohol purchased from “Gables Garden” is permitted.
- Backpacks, purses, handbags, and cinch bags
- Banners or signs
- Coolers, kegs, camel backs, thermoses, canned or bottled beverages
- Large lens camera (6″ or more) or tripods
- Personal chair backs
- Tobacco of any kind (including e-cigarettes)
- Video cameras
- Weapons of any kind
Fans will be permitted to leave and re-enter Carver-Hawkeye Arena once per day. Tickets do not need to be scanned upon exit of the facility. When re-entering Carver-Hawkeye Arena, tickets will be scanned again and all items must be searched, regardless of whether they were searched earlier in the day. Entering and exiting to “Gable’s Garden” is not considered leaving Carver-Hawkeye Arena.
Carver-Hawkeye Arena Address: 1 Elliot Dr. Iowa City, IA 52242